The GUI & API Engineer will be responsible for building new products and features for Rakuten Marketing’s industry-recognized online marketing platform. We are looking for an engineer with an understanding of Lean Startup concepts and a “get things done” attitude. From developing highly scalable client facing tools, designing a premium user experience, to building microservices from scratch, we are seeking a talented and creative technologist with a diverse skillset. It’s a fast-paced environment, with a team focused on delivery and innovation.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Follow direction from tech leads while providing estimates, communicating issues and helping to provide creative solutions to technical issues.
- Master new and emerging technologies
- Recognize and establish working design patterns
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Solid understanding of the HTTP Protocol
- Experience and passion for automation (testing, deployments, etc)
- Experience with MySQL or similar relational databases.
- 3+ years demonstrable experience building web applications.
- Works well independently, but understands that it takes a team to deliver
- Successful experience working with a cross functional remote team
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Background in engineering end-to-end solutions that utilize distributed systems and network system architecture to accommodate 24/7 operation.
- Experience building highly scalable, highly available REST web services
- Solid experience with MVC frameworks
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience with git
- Experience with pair-programming and test-driven development.
- Good experience in high-traffic internet-facing environment; solid experience engineering robust web-based prototypes and production systems that can support millions of active users.
RM uses the following tech:
- PostgreSQL, Hadoop, Cassandra, Aerospike, Redis, LevelDB
- AWS; Google Cloud; OpenStack
- NSQ, Kafka, Flume, GCP Pub/Sub