SAN MATEO, Calif., Dec. 19, 2017 / PRNewswire/ — Rakuten Marketing, a leading technology company that enables brands to increase sales through data-driven marketing, today reported its latest shopping data for the 2017 holiday selling season, which showcase this year’s top-selling products and retail’s most successful promotions in the selling period of Thanksgiving through Cyber Monday.
Among the most popular products sold November 23 – 27 were Microsoft’s popular Xbox One S, LEGOs and Star Wars figurines. According to top merchants, the most popular deals among consumers were ‘dollar-off’ deals, accounting for 34 percent of total orders (while accounting for only 15 percent of deals offering a dollar-off amount). The most popular promotional offers from retailers were ‘percentage off’ orders, with 60 percent of offers during the weekend featuring a percent off, accounting for 32 percent of all orders. Fifteen percent of total offers featured cashback savings, accounting for 32 percent of total orders.
Rakuten Marketing product data highlights include:
- Computers, smart home devices, video games, apparel, beauty products and household essentials comprised the top 100 list of products sold over the Thanksgiving to Cyber Monday selling period.
- Google’s Chromebook and Microsoft’s 15-inch laptops were highest selling with Chromebooks outselling all other laptops.
- Microsoft’s line of 15-inch laptops were in high demand and sold out over this same selling period.
- Smart-home devices that included Google’s Home and Home Mini showed high demand. Shoppers chose to go small, with the Home Mini outselling the Home by more than two-to-one.
- Xbox One slightly outsold the Playstation 4 and sports games that included Madden 18, FIFA 18, and NBA 2K18 were most purchased. Call of Duty: WWII also posted solid sales.
- More traditional toys making the top 100 list of best-selling products included LEGOs, the Pie Face Game, Star Wars figurines and Disney products.
- In the beauty category lipstick and face and eye cream made up 25 percent of the top 100 most popular products.
- Glove gift sets, shirts, sweaters and pajamas were most popular in clothing and apparel.
“We are in the midst of one of the strongest retail selling holidays seen in years,” stated Rakuten Marketing CEO, Tony Zito. “The Thanksgiving to Cyber Monday period may be behind us but consumer appetite remains strong – this continues to fuel a highly positive holiday season for retailers and brands. The environment is highly competitive and merchants looking to grab remaining wallet share from active shoppers need to be creative and strategic when getting in front of shoppers. This means producing the right advertising featuring the right products to win the sale.”
Rakuten Marketing product and promotional insights are based on aggregated and anonymous data analyzed from leading US retailers and publishers using the Rakuten Marketing Affiliate Network. Additional information on Rakuten Marketing 2017 holiday retail sales data can be found here. For more information about Rakuten Marketing Integrated Marketing Solutions, visit https://rakutenmarketing.com.
About Rakuten Marketing
Rakuten Marketing industry leading solutions empower marketers to thrive in their evolved role and achieve the full potential of digital marketing, efficiently and effectively, with data-informed insights that create consistent, engaging and influential experiences across screens. Offering an integrated solution, along with unique insights and consultative partnerships, Rakuten Marketing delivers the tools that marketers need to increase efficiency, productivity and performance.
Rakuten Marketing is a division of Rakuten Inc. (4755: TOKYO), one of the world’s leading Internet service companies. The company is headquartered in San Mateo, California, with offices in Australia, Brazil, Japan, the United Kingdom, and throughout the United States. Follow us on Twitter or learn more at https://rakutenmarketing.com.